During a recent archaeological excavation on a relatively small island in the Philippines called Luzon, analysts unearthed skeletons that were donning simplistic caps over some of their teeth, many of which were made out of pure gold. As a result, scientific researchers have come to an agreement that the first-ever dental crown was implemented over 3,900 years ago, meaning that this form of restorative dentistry is one of the oldest known to humankind.
However, if you’ve been musing the pros and cons of obtaining a modern dental crown in Sutherlin, Oregon, there are some bits of info and advice that you must be mindful of.
A Quick Explanation of Dental Crowns
In its most basic sense, a dental crown is a very stable, custom-fabricated shell that is placed over a chipped, decayed, or deteriorated tooth to reinstate its original appearance, feel, and functionality. The final product is practically indistinguishable from your natural adult teeth.
Taking a Look at the Advantages of Crowns
As one of the most cost-effective, rationalized oral health procedures in the United States, there are several distinctive reasons why millions of Americans opt for a dental crown fitting each year, reasons which include the following:
- To support and strengthen a tooth that is critically deteriorated or fractured
- To supplement the dimensions and proportions of a particularly ugly-looking or malformed tooth
- To bolster and fortify a pre-existing dental implant
- To establish a more comfortable proper bite
- To anchor and secure an adjoining dental bridge
- To conceal discolored or heavily tarnished teeth
- Thus, contemporary crowns represent the ultimate solution for many of the most pervasive dental maladies and disorders.
How Much Do I Have to Pay for a Crown?
Everyone has different oral wellness concerns and diverse manifestations to deal with, which is why the only way to discover the exact price of an individualized crown treatment is to arrange for a checkup with your local cosmetic dentistry professionals. Feel free to contact us for a quick, easy assessment and consultation.
Be the first to like.