Changing addresses and need a new dentist? It can be tough to find an excellent and trustworthy one to work with. Good thing there are plenty of resources online and offline to make this easier on you. Here are some questions from WebMD to help you screen through all those Franklin cosmetic dentists until you find the right one for you and your family.
1. Expertise. Are you looking for a cosmetic dentist for yourself or for the entire family? Do you have kids and teens who want to get braces or need to have a root canal? Ask if the doctor has the training and qualifications, along with the legal certifications necessary to take care of the dental needs of your entire family.
2. Work Hours. Is the dentist available on weekends? If this schedule is standard weekday business hours, then you might want to hire someone who’s more accommodating and flexible with schedules and appointments. This is especially true if your kids run into dental trouble and need an emergency tooth extraction or a quick consult on a Friday night or weekend.
3. Treatment technologies and trends. Is the dentist up to date with the newest technologies and trends? New technologies, especially in cosmetic dentistry, can be a great deal more efficient than old methods and practices. If your dentist is still sticking to old methods and refuses to change or adapt, it might be more ideal for your family if you look for someone else.
4. Location. Even if your dentist is everything you could hope for, location matters substantially, and spending an hour one way to get to the dentist isn’t ideal. Additionally, the further away the office is, the more chances you have of missing an appointment. That’s not going to be practical for long. Consider the amount of commuting hours and effort required to get to and from your dentist’s office. It’s ideal to find a dental clinic that’s near your home or on your way to work. That way, it’ll be easy for you and the kids to make appointments on time.
5. Emergencies. If you find yourself or any of your kids in a dental emergency, is your dentist willing to accommodate weekend appointments? Will she answer questions even after office hours are done?
These are just five things you need to factor in when you pick out a cosmetic dentist for you and your family. Keep these in mind and you’ll have more luck with finding the right one.
Be the first to like.