Were you recently told by a dentist that you require a root canal to remove the infected pulp? Are you dreading the thought of having a root canal treatment in Saskatoon performed? If so there are a few common questions that are asked that can help put you at ease when you require the procedure to avoid tooth loss. The process that is completed during a root canal is an opening is made in the tooth that allows the dentist to remove the infected pulp. Once the pulp is removed from the tooth, the area is then cleaned thoroughly to eliminate any bacteria left behind. Once the process is completed the space is filled in to prevent any future bacteria from entering the tooth to create an infection.
- Will the treatment hurt? When performed by the right dentist a root canal treatment in Saskatoon will relieve pain instead of causing it.
- How do you know if you require a root canal? You notice facial swelling, severe pain, fever, gum swelling, and difficulty chewing food.
- Are there alternative treatments available? Other dental treatments can be performed but a root canal is the only way to save the natural tooth.
- How long does the process take? A root canal should last about 1 to 2 hours and completed usually during one dental visit.
- What should you expect after the procedure? A dentist will provide information on how to care for your mouth and schedule a follow-up within 30 days to ensure the treatment was a success.
Find Relief Today by Calling a Skilled Dentist
If you require a root canal, you should consult with the professional dental team at Preston Dental Centre. They place your comfort as their primary focus to ensure you remain comfortable during your root canal therapy. A dedicated dental team that works with you to ensure your mouth remains healthy.
Visit Preston Dental Centre to know more about root canal treatment Saskatoon.